woodies

woodies

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

dolls eyes.


Ive been working out ways to put acrylic dolls eyes on cloth dolls,mmm not as easy as one would think,well anyway the good ol PVA wood glue has as always come to the rescue for this task.
I'm making some creepy rabbits and the doll eyes are just perfect for these creepy little guys,they just make them so much creepier.
The dolls have been on the back burner a bit lately as Ive been painting a bit more than usual,Ive been approached for an exhibit in the new year so Ive been focusing a bit more on that but the dolls will be 0platyed with this week ands some new little characters shall be born.
I have been thinking about the cloth that I use for my dolls and find that calico is my fave,I love to dye it and paint it,it takes a bashing quite well and I love it hardiness,it is tough and flexible for artists like my self who are rather abusive when working on dolls and other textile works.
SDo tips for the week is,if you want to really experiment and work textile dolls and othe rworks,calico will stand up to a lot of punishment.

No comments: